Well, I took the morning to work on getting the lamp put together and I think it turned out pretty close to my vision. I used a lot of wood hardener to get the bug eaten pieces to have enough structure to work with. If I were to do it again, and I may, I would definitely do a few things different. I am really surprised at how warm the glow is from the incandescent bulb, I am getting so used to the super-bright LED lights that are everywhere these days. Sure it uses a lot of energy but it also adds atmosphere to my living room. Just a little more finishing up and I will be able to declare this project done. Next up, natural edge- steam bent shelf that has been kicking around my workshop for over a year.